Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Kicking and Screaming

  1. #21
    Inactive Member JAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kicking and Screaming

    I don't work down at Coeburn much, but I think they're getting it next weekend (May 27). I can't wait to see it if they do get it... I might have to put on an "employee" show, the night before it opens.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kicking and Screaming

    Jane Fonda Film Banned From Ky. Theaters

    May 17, 7:47 PM (ET)

    ELIZABETHTOWN, Ky. (AP) - The owner of two Kentucky theaters has refused to show the new Jane Fonda film "Monster-in-Law" because of the activist role the actress took during the Vietnam War.

    Ike Boutwell, who trained pilots during the Vietnam War, displayed pictures of Fonda clapping with a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft crew in 1972 outside the Elizabethtown Movie Palace to show his disapproval. The marquee outside Showtime Cinemas in nearby Radcliff reads: "No Jane Fonda movie in this theater."

    Both theaters are just a few miles from the Army post of Fort Knox, south of Louisville.

    "I think when people do something, they need to be held responsible for their actions," Boutwell said. "When you give the enemy aid, it makes the war last longer."

    Fonda has apologized for being photographed on a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun, but not for opposing the war.

    "Monster-in-Law" raked in more than $23 million last weekend as the top-grossing movie across the country, according to Exhibitor Relations Co. Inc. and Nielsen EDI Inc. In the film, Fonda plays Jennifer Lopez's villainous prospective mother-in-law, trying to stop Lopez from marrying her son.

    Sal Mancuso, an Elizabethtown resident, said he personally thanked Boutwell for not showing the film.

    "I think Vietnam veterans appreciate this," said Mancuso, who fought in the Mekong Delta during the Vietnam war. "There is no defense for what she did."

    Boutwell also banned previous Jane Fonda films, as well as Michael Moore's film, "Fahrenheit 9/11."

    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kicking and Screaming

    Kudos to those folks. It isn't about the mighty dollar everywhere. That is good to hear.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  4. #24
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kicking and Screaming

    I think that was a very nice thing to do. This man had to make a choice between his heart and his wallett. I would love to see the same thing happen all over the country. I realize that we all have the freedom to make choices, but how anybody could sit through a Hanoi Jane movie or read her book is something I will never understand. Just remember we have the freedom to make those choices because of the sacrifices of our military throughout the years. The same miltary that Hanoi Jane sided against.

    I had not seen that article. Thanks for sharing
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  5. #25
    Inactive Member imported_kydawg95's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kicking and Screaming

    They also Banned Hanoi jane at all three theaters and the drive in here in Somerset Ky!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    free like OJ all day

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kicking and Screaming

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •